Gillian at Hoping For Children Benefit Auction
Posted at 7:52 AM (PDT) on Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Gillian attended an exclusive dinner and auction hosted by Bella Freud to benefit the HOPING Foundation at Annabel's Club on May 15, 2006 in London.
Click here to view photos from the event, courtesy of Philiater and Lady London.
More about the event:
HOPING for Children benefit auction
With the help of our friends, the HOPING foundation is planning a benefit auction and dinner at Annabel’s on 15 May 2006, in order to support our projects for Palestinian refugee children. Guests will be able to bid for donated ‘promises’ which include:
1. A kiss from Kate Moss
2. A cricket lesson from Imran Khan
3. A story read to your child by Narnia Queen Tilda Swinton
4. Artist Sam Taylor-Wood and shoe designer Christian Louboutin collaborate to make a unique pair of shoes or boots
5. A game of golf with Hugh Grant and Jemima Khan as caddy
6. A walk around Tate Modern with artists Jake and Dinos Chapman and The Clash’s Paul Simonon
7. Tea and a tour of Lambeth Palace with The Archbishop of Canterbury
8. A portrait of yourself or your loved one by top fashion photographer Terry Richardson
9. Dinner for eight cooked in your home by Giorgio Locatelli or a day in his kitchen at Locanda Locatelli
Rupert Everett will be presenting the ‘promises’ and Oliver Barker from Sotheby’s will be taking the auction. HOPING has formed a committee to help organise the event which includes Jemima Khan, Alexandra Shulman, Justine Picardie, Gillian McVey, Fran Cutler, Hannah Rothschild, Rola Gordon and Tricia Simonon. The HOPING Foundation was established in January 2003 by its present trustees Bella Freud (Fashion designer) Karma Nabulsi (Fellow in Politics at St Edmund Hall, Oxford) and Harriet Vyner (Author).