News Archive: July 2007|
Straightheads DVD now available for pre-order
Posted at 8:35 AM (PDT) on Saturday, July 21, 2007
In the USA and Canada, Straightheads will be released under the title: CLOSURE
Title: Closure (2007)
List Price: $24.96
Price: $22.49 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $2.47 (10%)
Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price.
Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
Region: Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
Amazon USA - Release date: September 18, 2007
Amazon Canada - Release date: September 18, 2007
Amazon UK - Release date: September 24, 2007
NOTE: The referral fees for orders placed through our links will benefit NF, Inc. Thank you for your support!
New Photos: Gillian at the Giffoni Film Festival
Posted at 9:48 PM (PDT) on Thursday, July 19, 2007
New photos of Gillian at the Giffoni Film Festival are available here.
Thank you Philiater!
"I Will Make XF2"
Posted at 3:40 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007
NEW: Video Clip -- Thanks to Adry and Poucky!
GILLIAN ANDERSON IN GIFFONI, ‘I WILL MAKE X FILES 2’
"X-Files 2, the movie, is coming". These words were of Gillian Anderson, the Scully of the popular American Tv series and guest of the 37 GFF. "
The series has not been made for five years, and the producers have no intention to make another- explained Anderson – but they are indeed projecting a new episode for the cinema". The first "X-Files" movie was released in 1998.
"It is very difficult to work for the cinema when you interpret such a characterizing role like Scully – added Anderson - when I work for the cinema I try to detach myself from the X-Files character".
The actress also announced her debut as a producer, as well as actress, of a film about Martha Gellhorn, journalist, writer and third wife of Ernest Hemingway. Among the next projects are "How to lose friends & alienate people" by Robert B.Weide, with Kirsten Dunst and Jeff Bridges, "No one gets off in this town" by Richard Kwietniowski with John Hurt and "Smell of apples", a film which will be shot in South Africa.
Source: Giffoni Film Festival
But now The X Files legal wrangles have now been resolved and speaking to The Independent last night from a film festival in Italy, Anderson confirmed that she was set to begin filming sometime between October and January. "The script is imminent and we are meant to start doing it by the end of next year and beginning of this year," she said. "I have been for it from the beginning and I have been positive about it from the beginning."
Two more films, one called The Smell of Apples, which is due to be made in South Africa and a German co-production called Helen are also in the offing, although her availability might be compromised by the new X Files project.
None the less, she said, the chance to play Scully again is irresistible. "It was not something I longed for on a regular basis but as soon as we start talking about doing it again I get very excited. There's always a bit of melancholy about it because of the amazing memories of the experience. It was a very intense period in all our lives and the thought that we are all going to come together again to do it - and possibly in Vancouver where it all started - is very exciting. A lot has happened in the past few years but we are excited by each other's company and I think it will be loads of fun actually."
Anderson, 37, said Carter had been working hard to make the follow-up feature film happen. "I think there were a lot of issues that have stopped it in the past but now it seems clear and they've got the contract details worked out and I guess Chris has had time to write it and all those things equal something positive," she said.
But the chances of a 10th series of the television show are precisely zero, she said. "It's just never going to happen, it's just not on the cards at all. I don't think we have the energy for it either of us."
So the X-Philes, and indeed a potential younger audience of converts to the adventures of Mulder and Scully, will have to settle for another movie. In the years since they have been away there has been more than enough threat of global terror, government skullduggery, conspiracy theories and fears of evil- minded scientists and dark forces at play to provide an appetite for their return.
"That's true and there's an opening for that," acknowledges Anderson before squashing any notion that the film will attempt to focus on such topical issues. "Except that I understand that the script is nothing to do with what some of the themes have been about in the past.
"It's going to be a very scary film about two characters who happen to be called Mulder and Scully. I don't think they are going to draw on any of the mythology or the conspiracy stuff, as far as I know. My understanding is that it's scary like a monster film."
Read more at The Independent
XF2 Movie Update
Posted at 10:04 AM (PDT) on Sunday, July 15, 2007
Truth's out on new 'X-Files' film
By BILL HARRIS
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - David Duchovny says there's a new X-Files movie on the way.
"I'm supposed to see a script next week," Duchovny said during a session for his new Showtime series Californication at the Television Critics Association tour on Saturday night.
"Chris (Carter) is going to direct it. Gillian (Anderson) is on board and I'm on board."
Is there a tentative shooting schedule for the new X-Files film?
"I think it's November for a summer (2008) release," Duchovny said.
Rumours of scripts for another X-Files movie have surfaced before, but Duchovny said there's a major difference this time.
"I'm actually supposed to see it next week," Duchovny said. "Before I would just say that because they told me.
"But now I've been talking to Chris (Carter) and he has been giving me progress reports. He actually called yesterday and said next week you should have something to read."
It's supposed to be a "one-off" script according to Duchovny, meaning it is not being written with multiple sequels in mind.
Source: Toronto Sun
Duchovny said he was looking forward to playing Fox Mulder again, and when asked why, answered, "Because he's cool! It's a great show and I love playing the character and I like the people."
Source: IGN Entertainment
Gillian at the Giffoni Film Festival
Posted at 1:57 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Gillian will be a guest at the Giffoni Film Festival in Italy on July 16.
What is the Giffoni Film Festival?
The GFF was born in 1971 from a Claudio Gubitosi idea that is to promote and allow cinema for youngsters to develop, elevating it from a niche and marginal position to a respectful, competitive and quality genre.
There are two fundamental characteristics that make the GFF “concept” one of a kind:
- a Jury composed solely of youngsters
- Its setting: the little village named Giffoni Valle Piana.
The countries participating in the event are now 30, from all the continents of the world. The jurors’ age ranges from 6 to 19. Their task is to: watch, judge, discuss, vote for the films in competition, with no interference by adults.
Robert De Niro, Oliver Stone, Meryl Streep, Jeremy Irons, Jean Jaques Annaud, Wim Wenders, Ben Kingsley, Kathy Bates, Krzystof Kieslowsky, Ray Liotta among the many International stars who have attended the GFF over its 36 editions, together with the most important Italian filmmakers and actors.
Since four years ago the GFF has created a network of festivals in the world (Giffoni World Alliance) which, thanks to the use of the GFF format, has been able to spread worldwide great quality cinema for young people.
Film productions with schools, theatre, music, cultural events, publishing: the inimitable GFF brand goes beyond the borders of cinema.
For more information on the festival, click here.
Photos/Video of Gillian at Concert for Diana
Posted at 1:24 PM (PDT) on Monday, July 9, 2007
Thanks to Philiater, Gilly, and AndreaParCoeur.
Two video clips are available to view on YouTube:
Thanks to H and Lorna for the video clips.
The Big Ask Online March
Posted at 9:00 AM (PDT) on Wednesday, July 4, 2007
CELEBRITIES URGE PUBLIC TO JOIN THE BIG ASK ONLINE MARCH
Thousands of people are expected to join celebrities on The Big Ask online march, which is calling for a tough new climate change law. The campaign, which also features a new advert by leading director Kevin MacDonald (The Last King of Scotland), is being launched today by Friends of the Earth. It coincides with a new survey revealing that over two thirds of people in the UK want the Government to introduce a new law requiring UK carbon dioxide emissions to be cut every year.
Click here to view the ad.
Friends of the Earth is hoping that thousands of people - particularly the YouTube generation - will join the march over the coming months and help persuade Gordon Brown's Government that its plans for a climate law must be strengthened. Details of the Bill are expected to be finalised in the autumn.
The Big Ask online march is a unique and fun way for people to join The Big Ask's call for a tougher climate law. Friends of the Earth hopes that people that have never campaigned before will join the online march.
A number of the celebrities taking part in The Big Ask are taking part in the Live Earth concerts on Saturday (7th July). Friends of the Earth is founding member of Stop Climate Chaos, whose I Count campaign is an official partner of Live Earth.
Celebrities taking part in The Big Ask On-line march include: James Blunt, Jude Law, Helen Baxendale, Wayne Hemingway, KT Tunstall, Bill Oddie, Alex Zane, Darcey Bussell, Gillian Anderson and Johnny Borrell.
A detailed history of The Big Ask campaign is available here.
To read the full press release, click here.
"And lead the world in CO2 emission reduction. Please!" -- Gillian Anderson
Gillian at Concert to Honor Princess Diana
Posted at 6:31 AM (PDT) on Sunday, July 1, 2007
Gillian is participating in this concert for Diana by introducing one of the performers.
LONDON - Princess Diana's sons stage a charity concert in her memory on Sunday (at London's Wembley Stadium) which they hope will quell her critics and celebrate her humanitarian achievements.
On what would have been Diana's 46th birthday, Princes William and Harry have lined up a string of pop veterans from Rod Stewart to Duran Duran for a six-hour show being broadcast to 145 countries.
British singers Bryan Ferry and Joss Stone along with U.S. rappers Pharrell Williams and Kanye West are to join the line-up while composer Andrew Lloyd Webber will stage a medley of songs from his musicals and the English National Ballet will perform.
Other young royals are due to attend the concert along with William and Harry but their father, Prince Charles, who divorced Diana in 1996, is not scheduled to appear.
William said the concert was a chance for people to "remember all the good things about her because she's not here to defend herself when she gets criticized."
"After 10 years, there's been a rumbling of people bringing up the bad, and over time people seem to forget — or have forgotten — all the amazing things she did and what an amazing person she was," William said in the interview, which was recorded earlier this month and broadcast Friday.
Tickets for the concert cost 45 pounds (US$90; €67), with proceeds going to causes Diana supported, including land mine and AIDS charities.
Harry said the brothers had asked Elton John to play "Candle in the Wind," the song he played at Diana's funeral in Westminster Abbey. Originally about Marilyn Monroe, its lyrics were reworked in tribute to Diana, and it became a worldwide No. 1 hit in 1997.
More information at:
International Herald Tribune